Thursday, December 12, 2013

Leaving behind

This will be my last posting for a couple of weeks as later today the internet and telephones will be disconnected.  I will only have my mobile phone for communications.
Below is what we are leaving behind, damn, our first fruit on the grape and passionfruit vines, about a dozen bunches of grapes and about 20 passionfruit.  Hope the new owner enjoys them.

 House inspection was on Wednesday amid all the packing.  Below is some of the cartons packed ready to go.  This is the first time we have ever used a removalist.  They will be here at 7 am Monday and we are just about ready.  Still have the shed and garage to do.  Still have a few days and some things you can't do until the last minute like your kitchen stuff.  I keep looking for things then remember I have packed them away.  It will be fast foods for the next few days.  Although I have the Illuminate in the city tonight with Phil and then we are going to the hotel for smorgesboard tea tomorrow night with Joanne and all her family as we wont be seeing them over the Christmas break.
 Its not home now all the empty spaces, cartons all stacked up ready to go.  empty bookshelves and cupboards, the week of goodbyes.
and on a brighter note, we met Kirsty down in Mount Lawley for coffee last week.  at this cafe attached to the best bookshop in Perth, Planet Books.  I just had to take a photo of this magnificient wall illustration, can you see John sitting there patiently, I don't think he gets why I get so ecstatic about arty things, but humours me.  If I don't hear from you, have a wonderful Christmas and I will catch up in the New Year.  We will be staying at Kirsty's for two weeks after Christmas looking after Angus as we don't have fences at the new house, they have a pool so I intend to get into the water in the expected heat.  Love you all xoxoxo

1 comment:

  1. Hi sis, we had something fixed on computor and then lost link to my blog. Love the artwork looks great nice photo of it. Couches look comfy. Merry xmas to you as well and hope all goes well for you. Sent you a photo and message on viber, don't know whether you got it.

    ReplyDelete